[c-nsp] ASR9000 and nV edge cluster feature

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:11:32 EST 2020

As per Cisco documentation the nV edge cluster feature is supported only up
to 5.3.4.  While I understand this is the "official documentation" has
anyone used ASR9000 nV edge clustered devices past 5.3.4 (specially in the
6.X.X line?).

The aggregate QOS feature comes available in 6.0.1 which is extremely
useful in carrier PE environments (specifically 9001 clustered routers).
Prior to this the aggregate QoS feature one would have to rely on LACP
hot-standby to avoid having a shaper applied to all bundle members
potentially resulting in an incorrect shaper/policer on bundle interface or
sub-interface.

Has anyone actually ran nV edge cluster devices on 6.X.X devices?   Does it
work well, any caveats?  Again... please put aside the "official
documentation".  I am interested to know if it will actually run.

Curtis