[c-nsp] Central Services Topology - Design question

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Jan 13 17:21:12 EST 2020

When I started sharing some routes from one vrf to another vrf during my
deployment of cgnat, I came to understand that a vrf in my mind seemed to be
less about the name you give it, and more about the RT's you import and
export to accomplished the desired routing.

Further to that point, one day I typo'd a vrf name, and was stunned to
realize that everything was still working!  ...came to realize that the vrf
name doesn't matter, since mp-ibgp doesn't advertised anything of the
name... simply the rd, rt stuff matters.

To Saku's point, if you have local and separate vrf's, I'm pretty sure I had
to use an auto-export command in juniper to allow that local route sharing.

-Aaron