[c-nsp] Cisco N540-ACC-SYS ipv4 routes

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Thu Jul 9 11:42:44 EDT 2020

> On Jul 9, 2020, at 10:49 AM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.com> wrote:
>
> Gosh, it's been a while. Didn't realize the name changed. It used to be
> BGP-SD (BGP Selective Download).
>
> I suppose SRD was to make it protocol independent.

I think SRD might be a made-up name, to be honest.  My SE referred to it as SRD, so I just started referring to it as that too.  But, nowhere in the docs is there actually a reference to that name as a feature, that I can find:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-3/routing/configuration/guide/b-routing-cg-asr9000-63x/b-routing-cg-asr9000-63x_chapter_010.html#task_1215567

It still looks to be BGP specific though.

> I've never used SRD on IOS XR, but judging by what I see for the
> NCS5500, it seems to be meant to decide whether routes are downloaded to
> high or low scale line cards. Can anyone clarify?

In the 9K days, they had SVD which did that:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4-3/routing/configuration/guide/b_routing_cg43xcrs/b_routing_cg43xcrs_chapter_010.html#concept_8E1919490E274B9E97F527166CB6EF8A

I don’t know if SVD exists for chassis based NCS5K or if SRD^h^h^htable-policy is the new that, but SVD was per-linecard.  Table-policy is a BGP sub configuration, and presumably LC agnostic.