[c-nsp] Cisco N540-ACC-SYS ipv4 routes

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Mon Jul 13 08:12:48 EDT 2020

Indeed, however one of the really handy side effects of this command is matches coloured with external-reach are still downloaded to the RIB.  Of course, this technically adds no value, but if you’re passing a full BGP table to a downstream customer, it’s handy to see those routes in the RIB* as opposed to having to switch gears and look in the BGP RIB if folks are used to doing the former.

[*] To pass a full table to a downstream BGP customer on this box today, you need to filter the interesting prefixes so they aren’t downloaded into the RIB, which in turn prevent them from being programmed into the FIB.