[c-nsp] Cisco N540-ACC-SYS ipv4 routes

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Jul 15 13:00:10 EDT 2020

Mark,

> On 15 Jul 2020, at 15:45, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.com> wrote:
>
> On 15/Jul/20 15:08, Łukasz Bromirski wrote:
>
>> That’s right. That’s also why I didn’t want to claim Juniper was stupid
>> with the product, more into direction that such naive approach simply
>> didn’t work out.
> Well, we are dumping our CRS-X boxes and the PTX1000 is high up on the
> list of shoo-ins.

That’s interesting. How about Cisco 8000 (feature-rich services) or
NCS 55xx (cheap 10/40/100/200G ifaces)?

> There will come a time when new operators cannot buy IPv4 on an open or
> black market, so we all need to keep cracking on bringing IPv6 up to
> scratch.

I’m trying to preach IPv6 for two decades right now. I can last for one
or two decades more maximum so you guys *need* to deploy IPv6 in
production environments even if a) it’s still broken and b) it is
missing some parts.

—
./