[c-nsp] Cisco N540-ACC-SYS ipv4 routes

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Wed Jul 15 17:03:51 EDT 2020

On 15/Jul/20 19:00, Łukasz Bromirski wrote:

> That’s interesting. How about Cisco 8000 (feature-rich services)...

I don't need rich features in the core. The only exotic feature I will
need is LDPv6. It's a BGP-free core, swapping labels at high-speed for
IPv4 and IPv6 traffic in MPLS frames. So no fancy bits needed.

Also, the 8200 doesn't support 10Gbps ports, which I still need. This is
only supported on the 8800, which is too big and too bulky.

>  or
> NCS 55xx (cheap 10/40/100/200G ifaces)?

Broadcom!

But more importantly, my trust level in Cisco's long-term ambitions in
the industry are at an all-time low. I just don't feel that Cisco have
sufficient integrity within their business for me to sleep well at
night, relying on them to have my best interests at heart, over a 5- to
10-year period.

> I’m trying to preach IPv6 for two decades right now. I can last for one
> or two decades more maximum so you guys *need* to deploy IPv6 in
> production environments even if a) it’s still broken and b) it is
> missing some parts.

I have never believed in tunneled IPv6. I have ran native dual-stack
infrastructure in all the networks I built in Africa, Asia-Pac, and
Europe, in the last 20 years.

This is the driving force behind my need for LDPv6, as I do not believe
in 6PE. And one of the many reasons I am moving on from Cisco to other
vendors that appreciate this philosphy, rather than finding ways to keep
milking money from customers through CGN's, vendor-managed services, and
such.

Mark.