[c-nsp] Rehosting a perpetual CSR1000V license

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jul 23 02:31:39 EDT 2020

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 08:50, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.com> wrote:

> Is this part of their new Smart Licensing strategy?
>
> We are still running IOS XE 3.17S on our CSR1000v RR's, and that still
> uses the trusty Permanent AX license.

You can still have SLR
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/smart-licensing/qsg/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart_chapter_01000.html
and get persistent smart license you install on your device and it'll
never phone home.

You might want to argue an air gapped router to get itt, or if you
have commercial leverage apply that liberally.

For HW routers the process is like this
a) give your implied HW license to license server
b) allocate that from license server back, as SLR file
c) install SLR file, never worry about it again

--
  ++ytti