[c-nsp] Rehosting a perpetual CSR1000V license

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Fri Jul 24 12:20:08 EDT 2020

On 24/Jul/20 16:43, tim at pelican.org wrote:

> Not forgetting the cost of billing *disputes*.
>
> It's been a couple of decades since I worked in residential Internet, but when I did, if the customer called you, ever, for any reason, the contract was essentially running at a loss.  I can't imagine margins have got better...

Just like NMS's, 40 years of the Internet and we still can't bill as
easily as we should.

There is also a correlation between the types of customers that keep
your phones off the hook, and their contract value to you. In almost all
cases, that contract value is eroded after 10 minutes with them on the
phone, because soon, they will need a truck roll, or an escalation. Or both.

Mark.