[c-nsp] ASR9001 show bgp summary and snmp

ANEXIO Netops netops at Anexio.com
Tue Jun 2 15:00:35 EDT 2020

I have an ASR9001 which is taking a long time to display results from the command “show bgp summary”. It doesn’t seem to be every time. When I see this behavior it also see timeouts on snmp particularly on the ciscoBgp4MIB tree, which makes sense. Running “show snmp trace slow oids” confirms this.

Has anyone experience this? There doesn’t seem to be any cpu or memory issues during times of slowness.

I’ve tried “admin process restart ipv4_rib”, which seems to help initially but the slowness returns, or actually comes and goes.

Anything else I can try without being intrusive?

ASR 9001

IOS-XR v 5.3.3 (yeah, I know old)

8GB