[c-nsp] IOS-XR IS-IS authentication

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:34:48 EDT 2020

There shouldn't be an issue using keychains for these functions, I have XR and XE devices running IS-IS between each other with keychains on both without an issue.

One thing to always watch out for is inadvertent spaces after you type in a clear text password.

Thanks,
Phil

On 5/28/20, 3:44 AM, "cisco-nsp on behalf of Mark Tinka" <cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

    On 27/May/20 21:08, Eric Van Tol wrote:
    > Unless I get suggestions otherwise, I suppose I'll just not use keys, which seems prohibitive, particularly if a password needs changing at some point. The 'lsp-password' without a key chain seems to work just fine. :-/

    In IOS and IOS XE, we use key chains.

    In IOS XR, we use "lsp-password hmac-md5" at the "router isis" level,
    and "hello-password hmac-md5" at the "router isis 1 interface" level.

    Mark.