[c-nsp] LDPv6 Census Check

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Mon Jun 15 10:51:21 EDT 2020

> ECMP appears to be your main pain point, the rich features are not
> relevant, and you mentioned commodity hardware being able to hash on
> IPIP. I feel this may be a very special case where HW can do IPIP hash
> but not MPLSIP hash. Out of curiosity, what is this hardware? Jericho
> can do MPLSIP, I know JNPR's pipeline offering, Paradise, can.  Or
> perhaps it's not even that the underlaying hardware you have, cannot
> do, it's that the NOS you are being offered is so focused on your
> use-case, it doesn't do anything else reasonably, then of course that
> use-case is best by default.

I'm referring to the DC not SP class chips. So XGS if you are a Broadcom fan or any of the half a dozen other options. Because if you really are going to go commodity, why go commodity when there is only one option (DNX) vs. multiple with more coming in at a decent pace in the DC class. Your really trading out lock-in if stick to SP class chips in the commodity space, at least until there are more alternatives.

David