[c-nsp] Devil's Advocate - Segment Routing, Why?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jun 19 11:26:05 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 03:05:50PM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On 19/Jun/20 14:50, Tim Durack wrote:
>
> > If y'all can deal with the BU, the Cat9k family is looking
> > half-decent: MPLS PE/P, BGP L3VPN, BGP EVPN (VXLAN dataplane not MPLS)
> > etc.
> > UADP programmable pipeline ASIC, FIB ~200k, E-LLW, mandatory DNA
> > license now covers software support...
[..]

> I'd like to hear what Gert thinks, though. I'm sure he has a special
> place for the word "Catalyst" :-).

There's a special place in hell for people re-using the "Catalyst" brand
name and then putting yearly renewable licenses on it.  Or IOS XE.

I'm not actually sure *which* BU is doing "Catalyst" these days, but
we're so annoyed about Cisco these days that I haven't really looked at
all these new and shiny products from all these new and shiny BUs with
all these new and shiny operating systems in quite a while.

I've been told Merak is very nice...  if all you're interested in is
"sell to Enterprise customers and make lots of cash".

gert