[c-nsp] [External] SDx open standard?

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 14:04:26 EDT 2020

That's what I'm asking about.

While the thread Mark referenced, deals (in my humble opinion) primarily
with automation side of things, my question is how the whole SDN thing
became vendor-specific-closed-protocol?

I'm not talking specifically about any particular facet of SDN, such as
automation or forwarding plane control over the network (though l
personally most interested in the latter, at least for now) or anything
else - rather, how 100% of solutions I've been presented over past year or
so, are all closed code-proprietary protocol solutions?

Not a single one was based on an open standard, such as Open Flow, not a
single one is able to interoperate with others, though one particular SDN
solution will cost *a third *same vendor "traditional" standard compliant
equipment. That's for me, was begging the question - am I missing something
here and I'm really be better off by selling my soul to a single vendor for
eternity, rather than opting for standard compliant box? If there's such
one to begin with?

Best regards.