[c-nsp] 6509 w/SUP720-3BXL and high CPU load

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Mar 19 14:22:43 EDT 2020

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 19:33, Lee Starnes <lee.t.starnes at gmail.com> wrote:

> CPU on 6509b: CPU utilization for five seconds: 62%/22%; one minute: 42%;
> five minutes: 42%

The 2nd number is I/O, so you're software switching something. What
and why may be complex to answer and my 7600 memories seem to be
ethanol soluble.

First thing I'd try is to capture punted packets.

show plat cap buffer asic pinnacle slot N port 4 direction out priority lo
show plat cap buffer collect for 5
show plat cap buffer data filt
show plat cap buffer data sample X

N == your SUP slot
4 is direction out (out from fabric to rp).

 Then look something which shouldn't have been punted, and look at
that prefix in mls cef.

--
  ++ytti