[c-nsp] 6509 w/SUP720-3BXL and high CPU load

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Mar 19 15:00:45 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:28:58AM -0700, Lee Starnes wrote:
> We are seeing on one of our 6509 chassis high CPU load (50-90%). We are not

As ytti said, you're software switching.

Are you carrying full tables, and have hit MLS CEF limits?

("show mls cef exception status")

If this is showing "TRUE", you've hit "too many prefixes" and need to
reduce the number of routes this box sees, and then reload (no way to
normalize without reboot).

If this is showing all FALSE, something else is causing software
switching.

gert