[c-nsp] ASR 920 Strange SFP behavior

Shawn L shawn at rmrf.us
Sun Mar 29 13:44:07 EDT 2020

Just an update one this.  We switched several units to 16.12.3 and things
seem to be better.  Still waiting on TAC, they want to open a separate case
on each unit, and analyze the far end.  They've also indicated that all of
the issues with switching SPF for SFP+ should be fixed in 16.9.4, or a
previous release.  But that doesn't seem to be the case.  So far 16.12.3
has recognized all the SFP and SFP+ that we've thrown at it, including
after-market (guaranteed cisco compatible).  We're still testing, but
things look a lot more promising now.