[c-nsp] IOS-XR IS-IS authentication

Dave Bell dave at geordish.org
Wed May 27 07:58:23 EDT 2020

We've just turned up something similar. The difference is we are not using
a keychain for the P2P password.

>show configuration protocols isis
topologies ipv6-unicast;
overload timeout 300;
level 1 disable;
level 2 {
    authentication-key-chain ISIS_DOMAIN;
    wide-metrics-only;
}
interface ae6.0 {
    ldp-synchronization;
    lsp-interval 50;
    point-to-point;
    link-protection;
    level 2 {
        metric 10000;
        ipv6-unicast-metric 10000;
        hello-authentication-key "<password>"; ## SECRET-DATA
        hello-authentication-type md5;
    }
}

> show configuration security
authentication-key-chains {
    key-chain ISIS_DOMAIN {
        key 1 {
            secret "<PASSWORD>; ## SECRET-DATA
            start-time "2019-1-1.00:00:00 +0000";
            algorithm md5;
        }
    }
}

router isis ISIS
 set-overload-bit on-startup wait-for-bgp
 is-type level-2-only
 net 49.0001.0511.4807.2051.00
 lsp-password keychain ISIS-DOMAIN
 address-family ipv4 unicast
  metric-style wide level 2
  maximum-paths 8
  segment-routing mpls
 !
 address-family ipv6 unicast
  metric-style wide level 2
  maximum-paths 8
 !
 interface Bundle-Ether1
  hello-password hmac-md5 encrypted <PASSWORD>
  address-family ipv4 unicast
   metric 10000