[c-nsp] RPKI extended-community RFC8097

Lukas Tribus lukas at ltri.eu
Sat Nov 28 16:16:50 EST 2020

Hi Ben,

On Sat, 28 Nov 2020 at 01:32, Ben Maddison <benm at workonline.africa> wrote:
> > router bgp ...
> >  bgp rpki server tcp [...]
> >  address-family ipv4
> >   bgp bestpath prefix-validate disable
> > [...]
> > route-map RM_EBGP_IN deny 10
> >  match rpki invalid
> > route-map RM_EBGP_IN permit 20
> >  [...]
> >
> Does the route-map 'match' still work here? Which release?
> I remember trying this workaround before our initial rollout of ROV and
> nothing matched that statement when 'prefix-validate disable' was
> configured. I forget the exact release, but that would have been
> 16.9.3-ish.

It works for me in both recent (Amsterdam, 17.03.02) and older (Fuji,
16.09.02) code.

I did not try matching NotFound or Valid, or setting different
locpref's, just denying invalid routes.

> > Vpnv[46] support and RTR via SSH is still not there.
> >
> Hahaha, don't hold your breath. Source interface selection isn't even
> available.

With SSH support we would get source interface selection for free :(

CLI helptext actually mentions SSH username and password and a
"local-port" option, but it's undocumented and unclear how it is
supposed to work...

LAB1(config-router)#$bgp rpki server tcp 1.2.3.4 port 3232 ref 600
password secret ?
  username  SSH Username
  <cr>         <cr>
LAB1(config-router)#$bgp rpki server tcp 1.2.3.4 port 3232 ref 600
password secret username user1 password secret2 ?
  local-port   SSH Local Port
LAB1(config-router)#$

It's probably a leftover from someone trying to get SSH support in.
Unsure why SSH support would be combined with TCP-MD5 support on the
socket (which is what the first password argument is about).

cheers,
lukas