[c-nsp] EOBC0/0 ifInErrors

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Oct 1 04:36:24 EDT 2020

Eugene Grosbein wrote on 01/10/2020 03:23:
> This 7606 is the core router of our network, it runs for many years
> without visible problems and current uptime's over 1 year. It would
> be hard doing such things with the core without any evidences other
> than some counter increasing.
>
> At the moment, all I want is to know what is the counter designed
> for, what can it growth mean?

Can you post the output of "show eobc"?

eobc is the ethernet out-of-band connector and is the main control plane
communication mechanism between the sup and the line cards.  If you're
seeing errors on the link, then this probably means that there's a
physical problem somewhere on the backplane.

>> If you can check out the EOBC on the line cards using remote login,
>> that might give useful information, maybe.
>
> How do I do that?

Try: "show platform eobc all"

or:

# remote command module <number> show interface <intname>

I can't remember whether you can examine the EOBC using "remote command"
- it's been a long time since I've logged into a 6500/7600.

Nick