[c-nsp] Cisco vpdn multihop

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Oct 1 12:37:09 EDT 2020

    I am cleaning up a cisco lac/tunnelswich/lns setup historically grown.

    Do I need the "vpdn multihop" statement on the final LNS
    which should only terminate the ppp sessions inside the l2tp tunnels
    and not forward them based on realm/domain-name/... in my setup?

    One example in cisco's documentation has it on all three Devices
    while an other has it only on the tunnelswitch.

    (ok, I could test it in the night the hard way)

    Thank you for your advice on this,

    Juergen.

Lol, my VPDN skills are, errm, rusty, but I recall the only scenario where you would need vpdn multihop on the final LNS is when you run them in a MPP/SGBP group to terminate multilink-PPP sessions (in which case the final LNS isn't actually final, so this makes perfect sense IMHO)

	oli