[c-nsp] EOBC0/0 ifInErrors

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Oct 13 05:22:06 EDT 2020

Eugene Grosbein wrote on 12/10/2020 20:28:
> It seems so:
[...]
>    Tx Errors/State:
>     One Collision Error   = 306656       More Collisions       = 1209541
[...]
>     Input Errors           = 28517
>     Output Drops          = 0            Giants/Runts          = 0/28517

uh, obviously collisions are a transmit phenomenon, but you're seeing rx
errors, so this isn't collisions.  I don't know what the root cause is
here, but runts are not good on ethernet and usually indicate physical
cabling problems.  As the EOBC interface is "cabled" via the crossbar at
the rear of the chassis, there are relatively few failure points.

Nick