[c-nsp] rsvp-te admission control - i don't see it

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Sep 8 07:09:23 EDT 2020

> aaron1 at gvtc.com
> Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 6:48 PM
>
> I have a functional mpls-te test running, seems fine.but, question about
> bandwidth reservations please.
>

> At the Headend router, I set bandwidth on my mpls-te tunnel, but I can't
for
> the life of me, find where in the network is this bandwidth actually being
> admitted, or seen, or allocated or anything!
>

> I mean I look on rsvp interfaces, I look in wireshark at the tspec field
of the
> path message, I look in the mpls te tunnels along the way, etc, etc, I
can't find
> where the network sees that bandwidth I'm asking for at the tunnel Head
> end.

The obvious question would be whether you are using "Maximum Allocation" MAM
or "Russian Dolls" RDM model for your DS-TE.

My advice is don't do DiffServ Aware RSVP-TE.
Use IntServ i.e. your standard core QOS instead and use RSVP-TE just for
traffic engineering purposes (pure RSVP-TE is complex enough).

adam