[c-nsp] cisco ACL filter outbound only

Emille Blanc emille at abccommunications.com
Tue Sep 15 12:20:10 EDT 2020

>     Again, the cli seems to indicate support for all the things
> necessary, which includes the idea of 'established', which is why I ask
> if THIS platform does in fact do what the cli suggests:

No, the ASR920 (Unless it's hiding in a recent IOS release), does not do any kind of state tracking.  You'll be better served looking at the ISR or Firewall families for that.

What you're seeing in the CLI is pretty commonplace these days - to be fair, not just with Cisco - where an un-supported feature is 'left in' the command line.

If in doubt, try it. Worst case it won't work, and then you can bounce the config off TAC to get one of their "unsupported configuration" canned responses. :]