[c-nsp] ASR1001X PPPoE COS 2

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Mon Sep 21 12:52:49 EDT 2020

Hi

> I must add the 802.1P TAG on the pppoe connections coming from a
> particular interface on Cisco ASR1001X

If you need to set cos on incoming packets (coming from a particular interface),  on the interface  you can apply a incoming classification policy map to set cos for all packets coming in.

> I have added:
>
> vpdn-group FTTH_COS_2
>  accept-dialin
>   protocol l2tp
>   virtual-template 2
>  lcp renegotiation always
>  no l2tp tunnel authentication
>  ip mtu adjust
>  relay pppoe bba-group FTTH_COS_2
>
> bba-group pppoe global
>  control-packets vlan cos 0

This will apply the cos only to ppp control packets , not data packets.
To apply it to all packets you can set it on the interface or assign a policy to the users from radius.

> but according to my supplier, my cisco does not tag on 802.1P the COS has 2
> suddenly their access-list block
>
> How can I check if my router is tagged okay?

Sniffing the traffic.
Or by applying a policy map with a class that matches  the cos value you are looking for, or several classes matching the various cos values you need.
Then see if counters match

Brian