[c-nsp] logging suppress duplicates

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Mon Sep 28 11:56:17 EDT 2020

28.09.2020 16:14, Ian Henderson wrote:

> On 28 Sep 2020, at 1:38 pm, Eugene Grosbein <eugen at grosbein.net> wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to enable suppression of duplicate lines in the logging buffer?
>> Less preferably, disable this kind of messages altogether if it ends with "by snmp" or even "from X.X.X.X by snmp”.
>
> The term you’re looking for to filter logs in the buffer is ‘logging discriminator’.

Thanks!

It works for me, hmm, partially.

Tried several ways to discriminate the line "%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from X.X.X.X by snmp"
but could not make it work:

logging discriminator BYSNMP severity drops 5 mnemonics drops SYS-5-CONFIG_I msg-body drops by\ snmp$

It works if I omit "msg-body" part, though. How do I specify lines ending with "by snmp" ?