[c-nsp] TIL: Maintenance Operations Protocol (MOP)

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Aug 6 11:48:06 EDT 2021

    On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 02:00:30PM +0200, Lukas Tribus wrote:
    > I'm no longer putting in hundreds of hours to fight losing battles,
    > which earlier in my carrier I did:
    > https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/Cisco-SA-20140828-CVE-2014-3347

    Ensuring that MOP is dead and stays buried might actually be worth a
    PSIRT effort - any feature that is on-by-default and enables unauthorized
    access to a device should be worth the fight.

+1, and worth a PSIRT case right away.
But it doesn't provide unauthorized access, does it? Drew's test showed a password prompt (not sure what the AAA config looked like)..

	oli