[c-nsp] asr1001-x : dynamic qos on virtual-template

BASSAGET Cédric cedric.bassaget.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 07:51:33 EST 2021

Hello
I'm using cisco ASR1001-X (Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.05) as LNS.

I'm trying to set-up a QoS class to priorize outgoing trafic (from LNS to
the CPE establishing the PPP session)

Each time I try to attach the policy-map to the virtual-template I get this
error when a PPP session is brought up :

%QOS-6-POLICY_INST_FAILED: Service policy installation failed on SSS
session identifier 20 -. service-policy not applicable for interface
features. policy:parent, dir:OUT, ptype:, ctype:DEFAULT

Here's my config :

class-map match-any QOS-class-voip
 match dscp cs3
 match dscp ef
class-map match-any generic_data
 match ip dscp default
!
policy-map child
 class QOS-class-voip
  police cir 10000000
   conform-action transmit
   exceed-action transmit
  priority
 class generic_data
  bandwidth remaining percent 80
policy-map parent
 class class-default
  shape average percent 100
   service-policy child

interface Virtual-Template1
 service-policy output parent
[...]

What am I doing wrong ? Is there a way to do dynamic QoS on
virtual-templates ? ( = always priorise a class-map) ?

Regards,
Cédric