[c-nsp] IOS-XE Smart licensing

Dave Bell dave at geordish.org
Wed Feb 24 06:28:21 EST 2021

I believe it's required that it must stay there.

You can run an on-prem version of the manager which your routers can call
in to. This will then call into Cisco for you.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/buy/smart-accounts/software-manager.html

It's all a massive pain. We have kit that randomly stops calling in, and
generates angry messages in dashboards.

The sneaky alternative is that it's all honour based anyway (at least for
the range we are using). Just let it sit in eval mode and move on with your
life.

Regards,
Dave