[c-nsp] IOS-XE Smart licensing

Hank Nussbacher hank at interall.co.il
Wed Feb 24 09:46:20 EST 2021

On 24/02/2021 13:28, Dave Bell wrote:

Thanks.  I was afraid of that.

Based on:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/c5921-smart-licensing-fail-to-send-out-call-home-http-message/td-p/3860001

It appears to be using http (not https?) to connect to:
http://tools.cisco.com/its/service/oddce/services/DDCEService

Seriously?!  No https?

And is it only gonna connect to 173.37.145.8 or will other IPs try to
connect?  So should I create some ACL to *only* allow 173.37.145.8:80 to
protect my routers?

What have others done?

-Hank