[c-nsp] ASR9K using XR 7

William McCall william.mccall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 22:46:12 EDT 2021

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 7:55 PM Erik Sundberg <ESundberg at nitelusa.com> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone out there has and moved there ASR9K's to XR 7. We run a Service Provider Network (Internet, MPLS, Ethernet Services). We are going to be doing our own testing but would like to also see what challenges or issues others faced going to XR 7
>
> When talking with TAC I have been told different things, use 6.6.3, 6.7.3, or 7.1.3.
>
> The current Extended Maintenance release is XR 7.1.3, with 7.3.x set to go Extended Maintenance release around Q3/Q4 from what I can tell.
>
> Thanks
>
> Erik

Done some 7.1.3.

-Mind the possibility that you need golden FPD upgrades (previous
release we were on claimed it did it, but 7.1.3 actually fixed it..
oops).
-Also, depending on how you handle VPWS configs, there may be a little
funny behavior, already SMU'ed.
-If you've done Golden ISO in the past, you may run into a space
problem on admin plane.

Overall, we're seeing nothing interesting so far on Tomahawk + RSP880/RP2.

--
William McCall