[c-nsp] ASR9010 fan tray upgrade

Perrin Richardson perrin.richardson at me.com
Mon Jun 28 18:46:14 EDT 2021

Hi Lee,

This can be done, the chassis will go into an alarm state due to the incompatible fan versions, however it is cosmetic and as soon as you replace the second tray with v2, the alarms will clear. Example logs;

%PLATFORM-ENVMON-4-FANTRAY_VER_MISMATCH : Fan tray version mismatch warning on slot 0/FT0/SP
%PLATFORM-ENVMON-2-ENV_CONDITION : Outstanding environmental condition exists in the chassis
%PLATFORM-ENVMON-4-FANTRAY_VER_MISMATCH_CLEAR : Fan tray version mismatch warning cleared on slot 0/FT0/SP
%PLATFORM-ENVMON-2-ENV_CONDITION : Outstanding environmental condition cleared in the chassis

Perrin