[c-nsp] VPLS to multiple end points

Michael Hobl michael at hobl.com.au
Thu May 27 01:50:05 EDT 2021

Hey Shawn,

By definition all VPLS circuits are multipoint, VPWS (aka VLL's, xconnects)
is used for point-to-point designations.

Nuance aside, multipoint is a pretty common deployment strategy for L2VPN
services-- you'll want to look at using L2 VFIs for this.

A good reference point would be here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/mp_l2_vpns/configuration/xe-3s/mp-l2-vpns-xe-3s-book/mp-l2vpn-pseudo-swit-xe.html

Additionally, you can look at using BDI's if you need to provide routing
capabilities to the VPLS.

- Michael