[c-nsp] FIB scale on ASR9001

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Wed Nov 10 13:00:46 EST 2021

On 05/11/2021 07:53, Mark Tinka wrote:
> We are retiring ours, because CPU performance for just 2x IPv4 + 2x IPv6
> full sessions is too much for the Freescale PPC CPU.

I may live to regret asking this, but...

I've run a lot more than that on a 9001, and it handled it all with
aplomb. They're not as fast as an RSP440 (or RSP880) but in no way did I
find them to be liabilities when running alongside measurably faster
routers in the same ASN. They were extremely competent, in fact.

So how are you measuring this, and/or how is the issue manifesting?

--
Tom