[c-nsp] FIB scale on ASR9001

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Thu Nov 11 03:19:49 EST 2021

On 11/11/21 10:10, Saku Ytti wrote:

> Correct. Add 'keep none' to junos, and you'll have the same issue.

Since we started running ROV in IOS XE in 2014, we would have hit this
issue then and allowed for it if the BGP best path evaluation process in
IOS XE did not do strange things by default, which I believe have not
yet been fixed. So we turned it off then.

We always used Juniper (MX80 included) for peering back then, so didn't
run into this given Junos' default policy.

We ran the ASR9001 for peering/transit for a long time before coming up
against this, but it makes sense that the complaints only picked up in
the last 2 years when ROV was on the rise, globally.

Thanks for the clue, Saku. Hopefully someone here has the energy to ask
Cisco to update their documentation, to make this a recommendation. I
can't be asked :-).

Mark.