[c-nsp] FIB scale on ASR9001

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Nov 11 09:49:21 EST 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 03:02:35PM +0100, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> > We're on 6.5.3 ("nothing interesting in newer versions, and still
> > supported").
>
> When I tested RTR on IOS-XR I hit some strange bugs in the RTR client,
> specifically the RTR session would hang in certain scenarios (router
> restart, RTR server reboot, etc), requiring manual intervention with a
> "clear bgp rpki-server 1.2.3.4". It was *a lot* better in more recent
> releases, but 6.5.3 was not part of those better releases.

Yeah.  That bug hits here as well, every now and then one of the two
sessions (or both) get stuck.  We have a script that walks all our XR
boxes and verifies that they all see the same amount of prefixes on
both sessions, across all boxes... and then alerts, and we go "clear".

Not exactly displaying best of software quality, but more of a minor
nuisance (for us).

gert