IOS XR RPL Matching on neighbor IP/ASN

Sascha E. Pollok sp at iphh.net
Fri Nov 19 11:48:56 EST 2021

Hello people,

I searched several IOS XR routing policy language documentations and also opened a TAC
case but still searching an answer to the question: Is it possible to match on a
neighbor's IP address or ASN inside a condition?

So for example if I have a route-policy on a neighbor-group and would like to announce a
specific prefix only to one of these neighbors, I would like to be able to do something like:

  if (neighbor-asn '12731') then
    # Announce this one prefix only, if receiving neighbor is in ASN 12731
    done
  elseif (neighbor-ip '192.168.1.1') then
    # Announce this one prefix only, if receiving neighbor is 192.168.1.1
    done
  endif

So I would expect the RPL to process a prefix from my BGP table and match against the
neighbor that the update should be generated for.

Am I expressing myself clearly? I hope so :) And it seems that "as-path neighbor-is" is
NOT the way to go.

Thank you!
Sascha