[c-nsp] IOS XR RPL Matching on neighbor IP/ASN

Sascha E. Pollok sp at iphh.net
Mon Nov 22 04:02:56 EST 2021

Moin Gert,

>>    if (neighbor-asn '12731') then
>>      # Announce this one prefix only, if receiving neighbor is in ASN 12731
>>      done
>>    elseif (neighbor-ip '192.168.1.1') then
>>      # Announce this one prefix only, if receiving neighbor is 192.168.1.1
>>      done
>>    endif
>
> Not sure if that is possible (but I can see why you'd want it).
>
> It might be possible by having something like
>
>     neigh 192.168.1.1 address-fam ipv6 u route-policy MyPolicy(192.168.1.1) out
>
> ... but I'm not sure you can have an IP address there and compare it
> to "something".  Numbers should work...
>
> https://lukasz.bromirski.net/docs/prezos/2018-IOS-XR-RPL-CLN.pdf

I have actually tried to specify a custom community as a parameter and match against that
in the route-policy's condition but that didn't work with match-any ($community). The
parser wouldn't let me commit that.

Do the RPL variables only work for numbers? Then I wouldnt also assume that something like
match-any (12345:$var) would work?

Cheers
Sascha