[c-nsp] IOS XR RPL Matching on neighbor IP/ASN

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Nov 22 05:20:53 EST 2021

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 11:14, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Haven't tried, but that would be extremely annoying.
>
> The use case I have in mind is using large communities to control
> per-peer-AS exports, as in:
>
>   <myasn>:0:<yourasn>  --> "do not announce to $yourasn"
>   <myasn>:1:<yourasn>  --> "prepend to $yourasn"

We need to start rejecting complex DSLs for routing policies. And
start asking for correct solution

a) policy api (e.g. gRPC call, where reply gives actions) - could be
your program running on the router itself, not necessarily centralised
server
b) mruby or lua instead of vendor DSL for policy evaluation - ideally
something >1 vendor will implement

So that the built-in DSL is for simple/naive cases, and operators who
need to implement complex policies across multiple vendors have much
simpler time doing that.

--
  ++ytti