[c-nsp] FIB scale on ASR9001

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 07:10:28 EST 2021

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 8:15 AM Mark Tinka <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:
> Not really that interested in Cisco anymore.

We will keep our ASR 9001 until support will expire, but for small Edge nodes.

Well it is hard to trust Cisco currently.

I can recall our CSR 1000V story (permament licenses). CSR 1000V
permament licenses are EoL/EoS. But subscription CSR 1000V are not, so
you need to pay again for something you already paid for.
Next move was Catalyst 8000V which is CSR 1000V but with just new name,

How to deceive a customer who bought licenses?
1. Release a newer version under a newer name (Catalyst 8000V).
2. Retiring the previous product/version - EoS/EoL - CSR 1000V.
3. By that you simply stop discussion regarding perpetual ->
subscrption model change
4. Done. Dear customers - pay again for same piece of software!

Rob