[c-nsp] ASR1001-X Password Recovery Failure

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Thu Oct 21 03:37:49 EDT 2021

On 10/17/21 20:16, Tim Densmore wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the exact code and it's possible that I
> only upgraded one of them so far.  Things got a little confused once I
> could no longer access the CLI on the devices.
>
> But basically 16-something to the latest GA 17, though if 17 is
> problematic we may just stay at the latest 16.

When I was moving from 3.x to 17.x (via 16.x and lots of ROMMON, FPGA
and CPLD drama), I recall some licensing agreements that were required
before the box could load the saved configuration. Did any of that pop
up on your console?

I'm talking about the ASR1006 here. It's possible that the ASR1001-X may
have something different going on, as I did not hit a similar issue on
our ASR1002-X's.

Mark.