[c-nsp] Convert obsolete OIDs to "the new version"

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Oct 27 13:53:03 EDT 2021

              Hello,

This question I suppose is not specific to Cisco except that some of the OIDs I need don't exist in NXOS (but they do in other Cisco OS).

In general does anyone know of a tool or a website or something that will take an obsolete OID and suggest a working equivalent?

Specifically, I found this OID to be useful RFC1213-MIB::atIfIndex  (1.3.6.1.2.1.3.1.1  in the past and I am looking for the modern alternative.

We can see here that it is indeed obsolete https://github.com/YangModels/yang/blob/master/vendor/cisco/xe/1661/MIBS/RFC1213-MIB.yang

But it doesn't mention which OID is meant to replace it unless I missed that.

Does anyone know specifically if RFC1213-MIB has been replaced or if there is any other way to get the same information (via SNMP)?

Thanks for any suggestions,
-Drew