[c-nsp] 'show ip arp' intended functionality

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Oct 28 08:53:41 EDT 2021

Hello,

This is more of a curiosity rather than an actual technical question.

How *should* the command 'show ip arp' function?

I've noticed that on almost all network operating systems the 'show ip arp' command (or it's equivalent) shows the device (router/switch/whatever) in the table.

On NX-OS and Dell 10 Enterprise it only shows the hosts connected to the interface (and not switch/routers own IP)

I am mostly just curious as to "what is correct" also if anyone is aware of a command in NX-OS or Dell 10 E that shows it 'the old way' please enlighten me!

Thanks,
-Drew