[c-nsp] policer on ASR1001X

Lukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Sep 10 12:04:06 EDT 2021

Mark,

> On 10 Sep 2021, at 17:57, Mark Tinka <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:
>
> On 9/10/21 14:38, Saku Ytti wrote:
>
>> Didn't they just release next-gen catalyst switches and isr cpes
>> (rebranded as catalyst?) with IOS-XE?
>
> It wouldn't be the first time Cisco had different camps competing for direction, internally.
>
> Some of the features I have asked for on IOS XE in the past have been declined on the basis that many IOS XE-based platforms will be moving to IOS XR.

You may be talking about ASR 903/907, which indeed changed into NCS 540 (XR based) and NCS 560 (also XR based). NCS 520 is IOS-XE based though given the positioning of the platform (access).

> Maybe this only affects routers, and not switches. Not sure how the NX OS team feel about IOS XE switches :-).

NX OS teams is virtualizing everything right now.

There are no plans to introduce IOS-XE to NX-OS switches that I am aware of.

--
Łukasz Bromirski
CCIE R&S/SP #15929, CCDE #2012::17