[c-nsp] Cisco L2TP Failed

cnsp at marenda.net cnsp at marenda.net
Mon Sep 13 07:24:54 EDT 2021

Hi,

a) i have hostname/password/authentication on dthe L2tp-classm matching the
central site

In some IOS Versions, the password must not be too long
(initally works fine, afer wr and reboot, the cisco7 representation was too
long)

b) starting with some IOS, I had to add
  ppp direction callout
to the int virt-ppp X
(and I also have "ppp authentication chap pap callin" on it

c) license issue (LIC-AIS-800 or so needed) ?

d) why using an 881 when a 1812 with internal power-supply performs better ?

e) I suggest putting either the dhcp-wan interface or the virtual-ppp
interface into a VRF to make routing easy

just my $0.01

Juergen.