[c-nsp] storm-control errdisable with no traffic or vlan

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Aug 6 01:15:30 EDT 2022

On Sat, 6 Aug 2022 at 05:27, Paul via cisco-nsp
<cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> Storm control pps is bugged on the 10g ports on the older 4900
> platforms, 4948E , 4900M, sup6 platforms.

When you say 'bugged', what do you specifically mean? Do you mean the
platform can do PPS accounting in HW and there is DDTS or do you mean
the platform cannot do PPS accounting?
It is not given at all that the platform does PPS accounting, for
example much more modern JNPR paradise chip doesn't do it, while their
next-generation triton does it. And I know most Cisco pipeline gear
didn't do it either.

My guess would be that PPS is not supported by the hardware and
behaviour is undefined, and you would need to poke hardware to
understand what was actually programmed when you asked it to PPS, i.e.
it hasn't worked as desired in the 1GE either.

--
  ++ytti