[c-nsp] QoS in Cisco 3560 switch

Ambedkar p.ambedkar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 05:14:38 EDT 2022

Hi,
I am having *Cisco 3560* switch with IOS ver.15.2(4)E10 and wanted to
implement Bandwidth control using *QoS on Ethernet interface*.
In routers, it is easy to implement using the Modular QoS Command line
interface for bandwidth control.

I studied some litreacture and found that SRR shaping and sharing commands
can be used on Ethernet interface, but it is too confusing.

*Requirement is as follows:*

class-map match-all VoIP
 match access-group 102
class-map match-all DATA
 match access-group 101
!
policy-map QOS
 class DATA
  bandwidth 128
 class VoIP
  bandwidth 256
 class class-default
  fair-queue

int ser 0/1
service-policy output QOS.

In the same way, I wanted to control the bandwidth in Cisco 3560 switch
using mls qos or SRR shaping/sharing etc. on Ethernet interface.

Please help.

Thanks,
P Ambedkar.