[c-nsp] [External] VPC + MLAG but more of a general question I guess

Hunter Fuller hf0002 at uah.edu
Fri Jul 8 11:54:38 EDT 2022

I think I am kinda confused about what you are doing.

> VPC ID 18
> C9336-1 -> Downstream-Switch1
> C9336-2 -> Downstream-Switch1
>
> VPC ID 19
> C9336-1 -> Downstream-Switch2
> C9336-2 -> Downstream-Switch2

If the downstream switches operate as a MCLAG pair (basically a "vPC"
but not Cisco, whatever technology that may be), then this config
would be incorrect, you would want to use the same vPC ID on every
link.

If Downstream-Switch1 and Downstream-Switch2 have no "shared brain" at
all, then your config is correct to provide uplink redundancy for
these two switches.

Are you using the same Port-channel number on both 9336 also?

If all your ducks are in a row as above, then you are obviously
experiencing maybe a cosmetic bug on your Downstream-Switchx, but you
are apparently also either experiencing either a problem with the
LACPDUs that the 9336 is generating, or the other vendor switch is
experiencing a problem consuming them.