[c-nsp] C8200/Spitfire/Pacific

Chris Welti chris.welti at switch.ch
Fri Mar 18 05:43:32 EDT 2022

On 18.03.22 10:08, Saku Ytti wrote:
> Thank you, I appreciate this. Are you focusing on Q200 because it
> ships, or did you look at Q100 but decided against it?
>
> I also similarly view it as a direct J competitor, and of course a lot
> of the same people were involved designing both (J1 and Q100).

Had a look at the 8201 (Q100), but then the 8201-32FH (Q200) seemed like a much better choice.
Newer, better chip (twice TCAM so better route scale, more future-proof), less power (7nm), cheaper.
All 32 ports are the same QSFP56-DD, so no restrictions like on the 8201 for QSFP28 ports due to reverse gearboxes like in the 8201. (regarding breakouts)

--
Chris