[c-nsp] NTP network design considerations

harbor235 harbor235 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 10:27:16 EDT 2022

To all,

How are you integrating NTP into your infrastructures? Is it part of your
management network(s)?
In the past it used to be that the management network was a flat network,
now we deploy north of the FW security zone management network and south of
the FW security zone management network. In this case the stratum 1 time
sync is from an org within my company but outside of my division. I want to
isolate the NTP infrastructure via a FW  interface for traffic isolation
and inspection.

I am curious how others are segmenting flows/traffic in their management
networks to isolate traffic flows. mngmt VRFs, vlans, L3 interfaces,
etc.... Specifically how are you dealing with NTP infrastructure that all
infrastructure obtains time from?

Mike