[c-nsp] NTP network design considerations

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Oct 14 16:31:32 EDT 2022

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 03:07:47PM -0400, Aaron wrote:
> You can setup a raspberry pi as a server and do GPS. Not sure on the
> scalability (how many devices it can handle) of that but it does work.

For a true time geek, the time the rPIs provide is just not good
enough (fluctuates +/- 20 usec if the rPI has work to do and gets
warm) :-)

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

... but for "I want my own Stratum 1 device and it should not cost
a fortune" it's definitely good enough...  (I have one with a DCF77
antenna lying around somewhere here, for my network @ home)

gert